It’s not another agile training nor a new innovation workshop. It’s an experience that will stick in memory. That makes the difference. In a nutshell, Fincalabs shifted the working environment to a recreational environment. Furthermore, we are pursuing an holistic approach with respect to the function of the human being system as a whole. It seems so simple and obvious, but it’s still against the intuition of many managers who decide on our training budgets. But why?
Let’s make a short check list to sum up the differences and the impact of the holistic experience approach:
- Do you get your employees out of the day-to-day business and give them enough space and time to process and manifest learning content?
- Do you let your employees to such a wonderful place, which makes them feel good and increases the motivation to learn?
- Do you offer your employees the opportunity to develop their mental competence, to become more mindful and self-determined?
- Do you offer your employees the opportunity for intensive networking for long-term professional exchange?
Many conventional trainings, which do not meet a point of the checklist, simply evaporate. The presentation of the technical content is one side, but the much bigger challenge is the successful application of changed working methods.
The question of under what conditions our brains learn best, so that learned things remain in the head, inevitably leads to the emotions. Brains save not only learning content, but also the learning context and call it again.
From a neurobiological point of view, it is impossible to remember anything without emotion. (Immordino-Yang 2016)
The nature of work has fundamentally changed
The concept of education and study as an upstream learning phase is outdated. The economy is producing new job profiles in ever faster cycles. Education and study no longer cover the learning needs for the professional life of a generation. Adult education is thus experiencing a paradigm shift. Up to now, it has been the driver of career advancement and today it is a necessity for entire organizations to secure future survival.
There is tremendous scope for improving the design of adult learning programs using insights from neuroscience and behavioral economics. (World Development Report 2019)
There is also a change in the way in which continuing vocational training takes place: up to now, mostly subject-specific content has been conveyed through frontal training, interactive formats and holistic learning concepts are currently on the rise. In addition to the obvious practical experience of trainers and coaches, the advent of neuro-competence and the consideration of humans as a holistic system are the drivers of this development.
A holistic training concept not only presents the learning contents, but also
- focuses on the sustainable and emotional anchoring of the contents,
- a clear inspiration and vision for use in the future,
- the extension of mental competence and receptivity,
- social networking for long-term exchange and
- the respect for the holistic system of mind, body and soul.
- Digital Innovation Camp Programm
- What Do Learning And Emotions Have To Do With Each Other? Everything!
- The Influences of Emotion on Learning and Memory